As a sole trader, you’ve got a lot of balls in the air. Why not let ClearSky Accounting take care of the books for you?
While the thought of being your own boss appeals to a lot of people, spending nights doing the accounts and filing tax returns does not!
We help sole traders, self-employed, contractors and tradespeople free up more time and reduce their stress levels by managing their bookkeeping, accounting and taxation requirements.
ClearSky Accounting can do as much, or as little as you need, including:
- Give advice on, and set up, an accounting software system such as Xero
- Offer guidance on claimable expenses
- Prepare and file your tax returns including GST, business tax and personal income tax
- Advise on your tax obligations and tax due dates
Let our expert team look after your books, so you can leave the worry behind and get back to running your business.
ACC for sole traders
When you’re self-employed or a contractor, you automatically qualify for ACC CoverPlus. In the event of an accident that leaves you unable to work, you’ll receive up to 80% of your taxable income, based on the last complete financial year. To make a claim, you may need to prove loss of income.
ACC CoverPlus Extra is an optional alternative that lets you negotiate your level of coverage. It’s worth considering if:
- It’s your first year being self-employed
- Your income fluctuates from year to year
- You want a guaranteed level of cover
- Your business will keep generating income even if you can’t work
You can find out more details, and see if you qualify for CoverPlus Extra here.
Please note that ACC only covers you for accidents. However for most people who are unable to work for six months or more, the reasons are not accident related. We highly recommend you consider income protection insurance, so you’ll be covered for both illness and accidents.